What do you love...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, post your picture and get aquainted with the regulars.

What do you love...

Postby Chaos » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:25 pm

I am currently sitting in a chair at my parents editing photos for ebay listings with kick ass tunes pumping into my ears (via very cool retro headphones) and I realise we spend a LOT of time together here but we don't know really what we're passionate about outside Bad Taste Bears so I thought why not put up a thread and see if we can't get to know each other that little bit better.

So what I propose is you put down one thing you love and why, than the next member does the same and see if we can keep it going like the word association thread and get to know each other outside BTB so to speak.

I LOVE music, mainly rock but I do have a very eclectic taste in music if you look at it as a whole, my favourite songs include:

Heal me, I'm heartsick - No Vacancy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SglL6t ... re=related
Someday - Nickleback
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMFdpdDYYA
My Generation - The Who
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=594WLzzb3JI
Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg
Ain't no Sunshine - Bill Withers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo
Alien like you - The Piggot Brothers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UciYRrltZ0

So who's next???
Chaos

Re: What do you love...

Postby JohnW » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Here goes,

I like Gilbert and Sullivan Operas - I was a member of the D'Oyly Carte trust for years.
I am a life member of half a dozen or so societies involved in preserving historic railways e.g Romney Hythe and Dymchurch, Talyllyn, Bluebell and Welsh Highland.
I used to collect "The Turds" (now defunct)
I have a reasonable collection of railway relics of one kind or another (mainly the post-nationalisation "totem" signs.

JohnW
JohnW

Postby SteveJno1 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Well instead of one thing i'd like to post all my stuff i'm passionate about.....if thats ok Rosco?????

I love cars.....a lot, although i do like other modes of transport [which i'll come to later] I have about 30+ model cars including a few various Vodafone Mercedes-McLaren Formula 1 models [although no Senna models.....yet anyway], i have a Bugatti Veyron and Koenigsegg CCX both from the great model makers AutoArt, soon to be 3 models from them when i get the Pagani Zonda R, i found the Senna film very interesting and got it on dvd as well, one of my ex partners knew this so she bought me a supercars book as well as 2 Speed Freak models, one day i WILL achieve my dream and race cars.

I love my music.....and love it loud, when i was an infant growing up my Dad owned his own disco and i used to be there in my baby seat at the "gigs" and i could fall asleep with the lights and sounds going on around me, when i got to the walking years i knew how to operate Dad's lighting system, so when Dad went on a break i used to do my party piece and show other kids about my age how to operate the lighting system, I love Heavy Metal/Hard Rock bands the most so stuff like KISS, Lordi, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, etc etc, but if a tune catches my attention then usually love it, with music i'd love to be able to play a bass guitar, and maybe get one made just like Gene Simmons' "Axe".

Steam.....I still think i was born in the wrong era and should've been born in the Industrial Revolution when steam was a plenty, i love steam trains the most because they had style, their own character [a bit like Thomas the Tank Engine] compared to diesel and electrics, etc etc.

Thats all about me for now i think.
SteveJno1

Postby Chaos » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Cool it's nice to know a bit more about you both... my dad and you would get on well steve, he had 100's of model cars and trains.

anyone else fancy nattering about something you love???
Chaos

Postby mossop » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Well i love to put some music on, and then take the girlfriend upstairs and, oh tea's ready...
mossop

Postby Chaos » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm

mossop wrote:Well i love to put some music on, and then take the girlfriend upstairs and, oh tea's ready...

Is that what she says when you take her upstairs :lol:

LOL
Chaos

Postby Chaos » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Ok Mossop I'll ask you another question, what is the one film, tune and item you couldn't live your life without (item could be something you want or have already).
Chaos

Postby Bigdave » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:54 pm

O.K. here goes !
Other hobbies....
Photography. Some of my most enjoyable times have been experienced from behind a Nikon.
Modelmaking. Mainly tanks and aeroplanes from the two World Wars.
Steam trains. I have a large collection of London & North Eastern Railway locomotives in OO guage. I'd love to have a layout to run them on, but don't have the space !
Music. Love the Rock. Pink Floyd, Beatles, Genesis, Led Zeppelin. Fave song Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
Films. Depends on the mood. The Mask (Jim Carey) True Lies (Arnie) Bladerunner, Lord of the Rings, anything with Jennifer Aniston in !
TV. The Big Bang Theory, Formula One and watching the 'Mighty Spurs'

Big Dave :D
Bigdave

Postby SteveJno1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Chaos wrote:Cool it's nice to know a bit more about you both... my dad and you would get on well steve, he had 100's of model cars and trains.

anyone else fancy nattering about something you love???

Thats cool, only just read this about your Dad and me would get on well.
SteveJno1

Postby SteveJno1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Bigdave wrote:O.K. here goes !
Other hobbies....
Photography. Some of my most enjoyable times have been experienced from behind a Nikon.
Modelmaking. Mainly tanks and aeroplanes from the two World Wars.
Steam trains. I have a large collection of London & North Eastern Railway locomotives in OO guage. I'd love to have a layout to run them on, but don't have the space !
Music. Love the Rock. Pink Floyd, Beatles, Genesis, Led Zeppelin. Fave song Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
Films. Depends on the mood. The Mask (Jim Carey) True Lies (Arnie) Bladerunner, Lord of the Rings, anything with Jennifer Aniston in !
TV. The Big Bang Theory, Formula One and watching the 'Mighty Spurs'

Big Dave :D

Ooh thats interesting Dave, you and i are quite similar, Photography is something thats calming and you can quite happily blend into the environment [if that makes sense] wielding a camera, i've taken photos to remember my days out [because otherwise with my memory i'd never remember anything]. Modelmaking i'm slowly getting into, although i'm starting off with that James Bond DB5 model. Steam Trains i'm the same, i have a few OO as well, and like you have no room, my favourite train is LNER 4468 Mallard. The Big Bang Theory is so funny, and F1 is just my sport.
SteveJno1

Next

Return to Stand up and be counted